Prep 25 mins
Cook 4 mins
Make certain to freeze the cake for easier slicing, I use my electric knife for this, this may also be made using fresh blueberries --- I have also made this cake using Twinkies that have been unrolled in place of the cake angel cake slices --- cooking time is chilling time
- 1 (10 -12 ounce) prepared round angel food cake (frozen for easier slicing)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups unwhipped 35% cream (1 pint)
- 1 (6 ounce) package cheesecake flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix (or use vanilla flavor)
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, thinly sliced (you may use more if desired)
- Prepare a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Slice the cake into about 1/2-inch thick slices or thinner.
- Arrange half of the slices in the bottom of the pan.
- In a medium bowl beat 2 cups unwhipped whipping cream until stiff.
- In another large bowl combine the sweetened condensed milk with water and almond extract; add in the instant pudding mix and beat for 3-4 minutes.
- Fold in the whipped cream.
- Spread half of the cream mixture over the cake slices.
- Arrange half of the sliced strawberries.
- Repeat with remaining cake slices, cream mixture than strawberries on top.
- Chill for a minimum of 4 hours or until set.
This was so delicious! However, I was afraid to change the amount of ingredients (could not find 6oz size of cheesecake pudding or 10 3/4 oz condensed milk, so I ended up weighing them on a weight watchers scale. I would suggest either using a loaf angel food cake for ease of cutting or even tearing the cake into bite size pieces and either mixing with the filling or layering like a parfait. My finished product was uneven in the pan but still tasted divine. Kittencal never ceases to please! :)
Oh my goodness Kittencal you've done it again. This was fantastic. It deserves 10 stars! I used a 14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk and 2 3.4 oz. packages of vanilla pudding. I had 2 16oz. packages of strawberries that I used almost all of. I received so many compliments on this wonderful dessert. I'm going to make it next with our Jersey fresh bluberries. Thanks Kitten for another winner.