Recipe by Bonnie LaBrake
Another one of my nanas recipes. She loved doing refrigerated desserts. This one is wonderful if you are a strawberry lover like me. Enjoy!!!!
Top Review by llangrove
I made this dessert for a party. It's simply delicious and looked beautiful in my trifle bowl. I had enough pudding mixture and cake (I used two) to make an additional, but smaller bowl. For the second bowl I used a frozen berry mixture,with raspberries,blackberries and blueberries. I liked this one even better, but the next time I will use seedless raspberry preserves in stead of the strawberry. The trifle served 12...generously! Thanks, Bonnie for this recipe!!!
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 prepaired poundcake
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced and hulled
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry preserves
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl combine condensed milk and water.
- Add pudding mix, beat well and chill five minutes.
- Fold in cool whip.
- Spoon in two cups of the pudding mix into a four quart glass serving bowl.
- Top the mixture with 1/2 of the pound cake cubes, strawberries and preserves.
- Repeat layering ending with pudding.
- Garnish wigh strawberries and chill thoroughly.