Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A great romantic Valentine's Day drink; or anytime romantic drink (not that I know what romantic is having 4 kids...LOL ;)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 2 pints strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced
- 1 (750 ml) bottle pink champagne, chilled
- fresh mint sprig, for garnish
- Squeeze lemon juice (should be 2-3 tbsp) into a cup and set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and water and bring to a boil; stir often, until sugar is dissolved, then set aside to cool.
- Add the lemon juice to the cooled water/sugar mixture. Stir in the sliced strawberries and toss to coat well.
- Cover and chill for about 2 hours (so berries sweeten), TOSSING EVERY 20 MINUTES.
- After chilling time; divide berries among 6 champange glasses.
- Pour chilled pink champagne over top.
- Garnish with mint sprigs.
- Give a toast and enjoy!