Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my version of the fruit salad that Furr's cafeteria is famous for. This frut salad is great to eat in the summer time, or any time for that matter.
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, halved
- 6 bananas, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (3 ounce) box strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- Place sugar, water and corn starch in sauce pan.
- Let come to a boil and stirring constantly boil until it becomes almost clear.
- Add jello and let cool.
- Slice strawberries and bananas and add the syrup.
- a tsp of vanilla or almond flavoraing can be added.
I make this about every month , it is low in calories and a real filler, when you are looking for something sweet. very refreshing....it is great ! Linda
Made this last night to have along with some angel food cake. Really really good. I only did half because it was just 2 of us and I had a lot left over. Thanks, I'm sure I'll make again.
This was VERY good! Made this exactly as posted and it came out just like what we get when we go to the local buffet. Husband and son kept sneaking back to the fridge to eat the leftovers!! Thanks for the great recipe!