Recipe by Dusty Byrd
This is my version of the fruit salad that Furr's cafeteria is famous for. This frut salad is great to eat in the summer time, or any time for that matter.
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, halved
- 6 bananas, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (3 ounce) box strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Place sugar, water and corn starch in sauce pan.
- Let come to a boil and stirring constantly boil until it becomes almost clear.
- Add jello and let cool.
- Slice strawberries and bananas and add the syrup.
- a tsp of vanilla or almond flavoraing can be added.