Recipe by AlaskaPam
My boys used to eat this in the school cafeteria and just loved it! They described it to me so I could make it for them at home. This is my version.
Top Review by Member #610488
Had a party and offered this as the main event. Choice of Fritos corn chips and regular tortilla strips along with everything else and everyone made their own plate. Went over very well with the crowd. I love Frito Pie and also Taco Salad so this was a real treat. Made for ZWT 8.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- corn chips
- 2 -3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup onion, chopped (optional)
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded (optional)
- 2 cups diced tomatoes (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- black olives (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet. Add the tomato paste, water and taco seasoning and simmer for 10-15 minutes Put a nice pile of corn chips on your plate. Add the ground beef mixture, cheese and salsa. Then, pile on whatever optional toppings you prefer and enjoy!