Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is real easy meal to make and you can just about add anything that you want to it. I make it for us on a quick night and everyone just loves it. You can substitute ground chicken for the beef if you want.
- 2 cups nacho cheese, Doritos
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 cups shredded cheese
- 1 head lettuce (shredded)
- 16 ounces baked beans
- 2 teaspoons fajita seasoning mix
- 2 cups Catalina dressing
- First you brown the ground beef and add the fajita seasoning as well as heat up the baked beans.
- Crush the Doritos on the plate.
- Now you start to layer everything.
- We start with the beef.
- Then cheese.
- Then baked beans.
- More cheese.
- Finally the Catalina dressing.
My mom made a version of this salad for years. It looks great in a clear trifle bowl. I did adapt your recipe a bit. I used ground turkey and homemade seasoning. I also used Ranch style beans of the baked beans. I added chopped tomatoes & onions as well and reduced the amount of dressing to about 1/2 cup total. (I think the 2 cups in your recipe might be a mis print). Thank you for a walk down memory lane.