Recipe by Caramella Girl
This is a recipe that I came up with as BAKED answer to the chocolate-covered strawberry.
Top Review by Az B
I baked and brought these in to work. Without knowing what they were called a coworker went a snackin'. His comment? "It's like eating a chocolate covered strawberry". Mission accomplished Caramella Girl :) These cookies are great, with or without the chocolate dip. I will certainly make these often.
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar substitute (The Splenda Baker's Blend is ideal. You can substitute it for 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar-substitute)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (Can be substituted with bittersweet or milk chocolate)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- For the cookies:.
- Using your electric mixer, cream together the butter and Splenda Baking Blend until smooth.
- Gradually beat in the eggs one at a time. Then , add the vanilla extract and mix until completely blended.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix well. Then, fold in the chopped strawberries.
- Refrigerate dough for approximately 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop 1" to 2"in mounds of dough onto the baking sheets. Place in oven to bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place cookies on wire rack and completely cool.
- For the chocolate:.
- Place chocolate chips and butter in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30 to 40 seconds
- Begin stirring melted chocolate and butter, and gradually add the heavy cream until completely blended.
- Dip cooled cookies halfway into chocolate and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Chill in freezer until chocolate say set (approximately 10-15 minutes).