1/2 Photos of Straw-Choco-Berry Cookies
1 hr 5 mins
Caramella Girl's Note:
This is a recipe that I came up with as BAKED answer to the chocolate-covered strawberry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar substitute (The Splenda Baker's Blend is ideal. You can substitute it for 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar-substitute)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (Can be substituted with bittersweet or milk chocolate)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1For the cookies:.
- 2Using your electric mixer, cream together the butter and Splenda Baking Blend until smooth.
- 3Gradually beat in the eggs one at a time. Then , add the vanilla extract and mix until completely blended.
- 4Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix well. Then, fold in the chopped strawberries.
- 5Refrigerate dough for approximately 1 hour.
- 6Preheat oven to 375 degrees, and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 7Scoop 1" to 2"in mounds of dough onto the baking sheets. Place in oven to bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 8Place cookies on wire rack and completely cool.
- 9For the chocolate:.
- 10Place chocolate chips and butter in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30 to 40 seconds
- 11Begin stirring melted chocolate and butter, and gradually add the heavy cream until completely blended.
- 12Dip cooled cookies halfway into chocolate and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- 13Chill in freezer until chocolate say set (approximately 10-15 minutes).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Straw-Choco-Berry Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1002 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.9
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 46.1 mg
- Sodium 73.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 2.8 g