Recipe by kittycatmom
Rich and delicious! Uses whole wheat and regular pasta... a great way to add whole grain. DH didn't even notice that we were eating a "healthier" pasta dish! I've also made this with roasted broccoli with is just a wonderful! **Note -- recipe calls for truffle oil, but extra light olive oil works fine too. I have this clipped from an old magazine... not sure which one...
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- cooking spray
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat spaghetti
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons truffle oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Combine first four ingredients in a blender; process until smooth.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Add milk mixture to pan; cook 3 minutes or until mixture simmers, stirring constantly. Cook 2 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in cheese. Cover.
- Place asparagus on jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° 10 minutes or until browned, stirring once.
- Cook both pastas according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain well.
- Place pastas and asparagus in a large bowl. Add cheese mixture, tossing well. Add truffle oil and pepper; toss gently. Serve immediately.