Recipe by PanNan
This Alfredo type pasta dish is fairly quick to get to the table after work, but tastes like a rich restaurant meal.
Top Review by Kikimony
WOW! Very good Alfredo sauce! I had to add garlic of course! I used leftover Easter Honey and Praline Ham and used Portabella mushrooms. I did have a hard time finding Spinach noodles here but eventually did, worth the search!
- 1 (8 ounce) packageregular egg fettuccine
- 1 (8 ounce) package spinach fettuccine (can use egg and boil in spinach juice)
- 1 cup thinly sliced julienne cut ham or 1 cup Canadian bacon
- 1 cup sliced mushroom, of your choice (optional)
- 1 cup frozen green pea (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup sweet butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1⁄4 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta separately.
- If using peas, cook them with either pasta during the last few minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- In large, heavy skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in ham (or Canadian bacon) and mushrooms (if using).
- Cook until mushrooms are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add cream.
- Cook, stirring constantaly until mixture thickens.
- Toss both pastas (and peas, if using) together in a large bowl.
- Divide pasta among 6 deep pasta or soup bowls.
- Divide sauce and spoon over each portion.
- Top each with a generous amount of Parmesan cheese and serve.