Prep 1 hr 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my version of broccoli salad, I added all the things I liked about other salads. The name comes from my brother, who pronounced it "strange, but good". He now requests it. Prep time includes chilling.
- 1 (12 ounce) package bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 2 heads broccoli, chopped
- 1 Red Delicious apple, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Mix mayonnaise, 1/2 cup sugar, and apple cider vinegar in small bowl.
- Set aside.
- Mix all other ingredients in large bowl.
- Add dressing and toss.
- Chill 1 hour before serving.
This is a great recipe. DH and I both love it. DD#1 will "tolerate" it (she's not fond of brocoli) Try putting cashews in it just before serving. Adds a great "snap"
Excellent side dish. Used walnuts instead of pecans. Used less sugar (Equal actually) about a Tbs.
I have tried this recipe a couple of times now and I am ashamed to say I am just now getting around to rating it. My family loved it. Thanks for posting.