Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I got this recipe back in the 80's from the NAHC Wild Game Cookbook. My sons no longer hunt so I now substitute wild game meat with beef. This is one of my favorite recipes because it is so easy to make, very little clean up and taste so darn good with venison or with a beef roast. Hope you enjoy. I don't have exact measurements for this recipe so I just add according to my taste.
- 1 (1 -2 lb) venison rump roast or 1 (1 -2 lb) a beef roast
- 1 (1 1/8 ounce) package onion soup mix
- salt and pepper, to your taste
- so so garlic powder
- so so parsley flakes
- 1 little pinch basil, optional. This can be left out if you don't like basil
- heavy aluminum foil
- Lay roast on tin foil and season meat with the ingredients listed above.
- Wrap tightly.
- Bake for 2-3 hours at 325, depending on what size your roast is.