Recipe by Gingerbee
This is a delicious recipe that has never failed. It's so easy and what I like about it, is it's flavor continuity! I hope you'll like it too! For my diabetic friends, I've substituted "SPLENDA" for a sugar-free drink and found it still as delicious!
Top Review by Sueie
Made this tonight, even though it is winter here in Australia. I really enjoy iced tea. Straightforward is what it is and it is great. Just how iced tea should be. Definite keeper.
- 4 cups boiled hot water
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 tea bags (Red Rose or any Orange Pekoe Tea)
- 1 cup lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1 gallon jar
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure sugar and place in large mixing bowl with 1 cup lemon juice to disolve.
- Measure water and bring to a boil in a saucepan.
- Remove from heat and place tea bags in the pan to steep for no more than 5 minutes.
- Remove the bags and discard.
- DO NOT SQUEEZE tea bags (this crushes the leaves and releases the tanin which is bitter).
- Pour hot tea into sugar/lemon mixture and stir to mix well.
- Transfer into one gallon container and fill to the top with cold water.
- Refridgerate and serve over ice.
- optional lemon slices or mint leaves!
- Cool and refreshing.