1/1 Photo of Straight to Your Hips Chocolate Cake
Like its name, it goes straight to your hips! A lovely chocolate cake which is adored by my family.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 275 g self raising flour, sifted
- 225 g caster sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 200 g mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder, dissolved in
- 225 ml boiled water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
FOR THE FROSTING
- 175 g dark chocolate, with 70% cocoa solids broken into pieces
- 250 ml double cream
- 1Preheat the oven to 180°C, 350°F, gas mark 4.
- 2Grease and greaseproof-paper line a 9 inch springform pan.
- 3Using an electric beater, beat together cake ingredients for about 2 minutes, until well combined. Spoon into pan.
- 4Bake for 35 minutes, until well-risen and when a skewer is inserted in the middle, comes out clean. Remove from heat. Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- 5For Frosting:
- 6Place chocolate and cream in a saucepan and heat gently, stirring occasionally, until chocolate is melted. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5–10 minutes. Pour over cake and spread over top and sides. Leave until set.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Straight to Your Hips Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 607.9
- Calories from Fat 307
- Total Fat 34.2 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 50.1 mg
- Sodium 266.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 30.2 g
- Protein 9.1 g