Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Prep Time 5 minutes Cook Time 10 minutes Serves 4 This is a wonderful light soup. Goes very well with garlic cheese bread or a bagatelle.
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup minced Italian parsley
- salt and pepper
- Bring stock to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Beat together eggs, Parmesan cheese and parsley in a bowl.
- Reduce heat to low on stock and drizzle egg mixture into stock.
- Simmer, stirring until eggs are set.
- Season with salt and pepper.
I was wary of the "lack" of seasonings and "stuff" in this soup...but the parmesan really makes this wonderful. I used only egg whites. UPDATE: I made this again and added garlic salt. It really took away from the soup, I wouldn't recommend it. Leave this wonderful recipe as is!
I love Straciatella Soup and am happy to find this recipe. It is so easy to make and delicious! I find broth soups to be very comforting and this one was just that! Thanks!