Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a yummy broth-based comfort soup. Especially good during cold/flu season.
- 6 cups chicken broth (reduced sodium can be used)
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb (day-old baguette grated on a cheese grater works well)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- additional freshly grated parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Bring the broth to a simmer in a Dutch oven or large saucepan.
- Crack the eggs into a medium bowl and beat well.
- Add the cheese and breadcrumbs into the eggs and beat again.
- Ladle 1/2 cup of the hot stock into the eggs.
- Bring the stock up to a boil and whisk in the egg mixture.
- Reduce heat and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Season to taste with the salt and pepper, ladle into bowls and top each serving with more Parmesan cheese, if desired.