Recipe by 'how're you?' h.
This comforting, nourishing Italian soup that’s thickened with beaten eggs is a refreshing alternative to chicken noodle soup. From: www.howreyou.com.
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, home-made
- 2 cups liquid egg substitute, well-shaken
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly ground
- 1⁄2 fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring broth to a boil in a large saucepan. Stir liquid eggs with Parmesan cheese, parsley, flour, garlic, nutmeg and pepper until combined but not frothy. Reserve.
- Reduce heat under the broth to low. Slowly pour the egg mixture into the soup, stirring once or twice. Remove the saucepan from the heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings.