- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup lightly packed spinach leaves, cut in thin strips
Directions See How It's Made
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring the broth to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, cheese, parsley, and basil to blend.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low. Stir the broth in a circular motion. Gradually drizzle the egg mixture into the moving broth, stirring gently with a fork to form thin strands of egg, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the spinach, then season the soup, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and serve.