Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Stovies is a Scottish dish that has been traditionally used for leftovers. In it's simplest form, stovies are just the "scrapings off the stove" and a great use of leftover roast beef. The better your roast beef, the better the stovies will taste. You do not need to be exact at all with the ingredients. The yield greatly depends on how much you have left over from the roast.
- 1 lb leftover roast beef
- 1 -3 lb leftover roast potato
- 1⁄2-2 cup leftover carrot
- 1⁄2-1 cup leftover gravy
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Use either a food processor or a sharp knife to mince the leftover roast beef.
- Add the beef, potatoes, and carrots to a roasting pan. Drizzle with the leftover gravy.
- Bake in oven for about 15 minutes, or until hot.