- 3 lbs of 'old' potatoes
- 4 ounces beef drippings
- 1 large onion
- 1 (15 ounce) canof chopped corned beef
- 2 -3 tablespoons water
- 1 beef stock cube
- salt, and brown (to season)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the dripping and fry the onions in a large pan until translucent.
- Peel and slice the potatoes (about 1/4" thick).
- Rinse the starch out of the potatoes before adding to the pot.
- Dissolve the stock cube in the water and add to the pan.
- Cover and cook the potatoes on a medium heat for approx 40-45 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- When the potatoes are soft, add the corned beef and stir vigorously until the potatoes break up.
- Add gravy salt (Burdalls) to brown and season.
- Serve with oatcakes.