Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
This is a recipe my mum taught me while I grew up in the north east of Scotland (Moray), it has never been written down before, so the quantities and times are more estimates on what I usually do.
- Melt the fat in a big stock pot then add the onions.
- Peel the tatties and slice them (the thinner they're sliced the quicker it takes to cook).
- Once the onions are softened, turn the heat down low, add the tatties and cover.
- Leave the tatties cooking, stirring occasionally. After about 3 hours (once the tatties start to get mushy) add the corned beef.
- Leave it cooking for another half hour and then stir in the salt and pepper.
- Serve with Oatcakes and a glass of milk.