PSU Lioness's Note:
My family loves the original Hidden Valley Ranch cheddar chicken but I rarely make it because it uses more chicken than a casserole would. I tinkered around a bit and came up with this recipe that adds veggies and pasta to stretch the serving amounts. I have used broccoli and peas (peas being the preference by most of the kids), but feel free to stir in your favorite veggie. Also, if the creaminess is overwhelming, you can also add some milk to thin it out a bit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook pasta according to directions on box; drain and keep warm when finished cooking.
- 2While pasta is cooking, heat a large skillet over Medium High heat. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink in the middle. Drain any juices from the pan. Reduce heat to Medium Low.
- 3Mix soups, ranch dressing mix, sour cream and peas; pour over chicken and stir to coat. Heat until bubbly, stirring occasionally.
- 4Serve over pasta (or brown rice) and sprinkle with cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stovetop Ranch Cheddar Chicken Casserole With Broccoli
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 505.4
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 127.8 mg
- Sodium 279.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 31.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
ranch dressing mix