Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My family loves the original Hidden Valley Ranch cheddar chicken but I rarely make it because it uses more chicken than a casserole would. I tinkered around a bit and came up with this recipe that adds veggies and pasta to stretch the serving amounts. I have used broccoli and peas (peas being the preference by most of the kids), but feel free to stir in your favorite veggie. Also, if the creaminess is overwhelming, you can also add some milk to thin it out a bit.
- 1 (12 ounce) box bow tie pasta
- 4 (4 -6 ounce) chicken breasts, cubed
- salt and pepper
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup (condensed)
- 1 (1 ounce) packet ranch dressing mix
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄8 cup bacon bits
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to directions on box; drain and keep warm when finished cooking.
- While pasta is cooking, heat a large skillet over Medium High heat. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink in the middle. Drain any juices from the pan. Reduce heat to Medium Low.
- Mix soups, ranch dressing mix, sour cream and peas; pour over chicken and stir to coat. Heat until bubbly, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over pasta (or brown rice) and sprinkle with cheese.