1/1 Photo of StoveTop Mac N' Cheese
Tired of the processed cheese meals, I've put together this recipe using things I've liked from other recipes. Then there are times I go to make it and don't have everything so I try other stuff. I encourage others to do the same thing and tell me the details in the reviews here. In the time it takes to boil the water and cook the pasta, the sauce is done. Use pasta that will catch the sauce. I use evaporated milk because I read somewhere once that its more stable then milk after its been heated (and reheated). I use a 12 oz can of evaporated milk and top off the measuring cup with milk (so I don't have to open another can). Use cheddar that you would slice up and eat by it self
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) box pasta
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (White if available)
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (shredded)
- 2 slices American cheese
- 1Boil a pot of water and cook pasta "al dente".
- 2In a medium pot, melt butter on low heat.
- 3Mix all the dry ingredients together and whisk into the melted butter.
- 4When the butter and flour are incorporated and hot start adding the milk.
- 5Don't stop whisking from the time you add the flour until the milk is all inches.
- 6Only adding a little milk at a time as to avoid the flour lumping (maybe 1/2 cup at a time).
- 7Heat the flour/milk mixture until its bubbling (stirring very often or it will burn).
- 8Once it's bubbling start adding the cheese a little at a time making sure it melts before adding more.
- 9After all the cheese is in and melted just add it to the cooked pasta and serve .
Browse Our Top Pasta Shells Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta Shells Recipes
Nutritional Facts for StoveTop Mac N' Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1005.0
- Calories from Fat 407
- Total Fat 45.3 g
- Saturated Fat 27.5 g
- Cholesterol 136.7 mg
- Sodium 1049.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 105.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 42.4 g