Recipe by MGChristian
Tired of the processed cheese meals, I've put together this recipe using things I've liked from other recipes. Then there are times I go to make it and don't have everything so I try other stuff. I encourage others to do the same thing and tell me the details in the reviews here. In the time it takes to boil the water and cook the pasta, the sauce is done. Use pasta that will catch the sauce. I use evaporated milk because I read somewhere once that its more stable then milk after its been heated (and reheated). I use a 12 oz can of evaporated milk and top off the measuring cup with milk (so I don't have to open another can). Use cheddar that you would slice up and eat by it self
- 1 (16 ounce) box pasta
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (White if available)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (shredded)
- 2 slices American cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil a pot of water and cook pasta "al dente".
- In a medium pot, melt butter on low heat.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together and whisk into the melted butter.
- When the butter and flour are incorporated and hot start adding the milk.
- Don't stop whisking from the time you add the flour until the milk is all inches.
- Only adding a little milk at a time as to avoid the flour lumping (maybe 1/2 cup at a time).
- Heat the flour/milk mixture until its bubbling (stirring very often or it will burn).
- Once it's bubbling start adding the cheese a little at a time making sure it melts before adding more.
- After all the cheese is in and melted just add it to the cooked pasta and serve .