Recipe by cathyfood
Any plain cooked or leftover rice can be used for this recipe. It doesn't call for eggs, so it's relatively allergy-friendly. I've never tried, but I suppose you could substitute non-dairy milk if desired.
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash salt, if needed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place milk, rice, sugar and cinnamon in saucepan. Heat to low simmer.
- Cook, uncovered, stirring often, until thick - about 45 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add vanilla, raisins and butter. Stir to combine. Set aside to cool.
- Serve warm or cold. Store in refrigerator.