Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 3 (1020.58 g) bagtrimmed steam-in-the-bag green beans
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 1.23 ml dried thyme
- 354.88 ml milk
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 236.59 ml onion potato chips, broken
- Microwave the green beans according to the package’s directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt the butter on medium. Add the flour and thyme and cook, stirring, until golden and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Stir in the milk and bring to a boil. Simmer, stirring, until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the green beans and season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving dish. Just before serving, top with the chips.