Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Stovetop Clambake as prepared by Stefano Faita on CBC. Great Ingredients, great way to feed a group at a BBQ or Patio gathering
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle pale ale or 1 (12 ounce) bottle pilsner beer
- 1 -2 cup chicken stock
- 6 shallots, cut in half
- 6 garlic cloves
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 2 large bay leaves
- 1 -2 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb small potato
- 2 chorizo sausage
- 4 corn on the cob, cut into thirds
- 1 lb littleneck clams
- 1⁄2 lb mussels
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled, tail on, deveined
- 2 lemons
- fresh parsley, chopped for serving
- lemon wedge, for serving
- seafood sauce
- Add to large pot or stock pot: beer, chicken stock, shallots, garlic, thyme, bay leaves and old bay seasoning. Bring to a boil.
- When mixture starts to boil, add potatoes and sausages. Reduce heat to simmer and cook until potatoes start to soften slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Add corn, clams, mussels, shrimp and lemon halves. Cover and let steam until clams and mussels have opened and shrimp start to curl, turn pink and are just cooked through, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- With slotted spoon or spider, remove seafood, sausage and veggies to large serving dish or platter. Finish with chopped parsley. Serve with lemon wedges and Seafood Sauce.