Recipe by Sable3569
I love fall, and this yummy stew is the perfect ending to a chilly fall day! It makes great leftovers and freezes well too.
Top Review by WhatamIgonnaeatnext?
I really liked the flavor of this stew. I will make this again, except next time I think I'll use cube steak, or I'll tenderize the stew meat with a mallet. I also will use less meat. That's the only reason for four stars. Too much meat, it took everything else over. I've never used sweet potatoes for stew. This was great! The flavors and seasonings went together perfectly. Thanks for this recipe.
- 1 lb stew meat, chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 low-sodium beef bouillon cubes
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup tomato bisque soup (I use Amy's Creamy Tomato Bisque)
- sea salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1 pinch pumpkin pie spice
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- - Heat 2 T olive oil on medium high heat in a large heavy stew pot or dutch oven. Add the stew meat in a single layer and brown on all sides. Remove from pan and set aside (along with any juices).
- - Heat remaining Tbsp of olive oil on medium heat. Add the onion, celery, and carrots. Cook until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- - Add sweet potato, water, bouillon, stew meat, and tomato bisque. Stir and bring to a boil.
- - Cover and simmer on low heat until sweet potatoes are tender, about 10-15 minutes depending on size of potato.
- - Remove from heat and season with season with sea salt, pepper, and a pinch of pumpkin pie spice. I also like to add a pinch of red pepper flakes for a little kick.
- - Enjoy!