I love fall, and this yummy stew is the perfect ending to a chilly fall day! It makes great leftovers and freezes well too.
- 1 lb stew meat, chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 low-sodium beef bouillon cubes
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup tomato bisque soup (I use Amy's Creamy Tomato Bisque)
- sea salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1 pinch pumpkin pie spice
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- - Heat 2 T olive oil on medium high heat in a large heavy stew pot or dutch oven. Add the stew meat in a single layer and brown on all sides. Remove from pan and set aside (along with any juices).
- - Heat remaining Tbsp of olive oil on medium heat. Add the onion, celery, and carrots. Cook until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- - Add sweet potato, water, bouillon, stew meat, and tomato bisque. Stir and bring to a boil.
- - Cover and simmer on low heat until sweet potatoes are tender, about 10-15 minutes depending on size of potato.
- - Remove from heat and season with season with sea salt, pepper, and a pinch of pumpkin pie spice. I also like to add a pinch of red pepper flakes for a little kick.
- - Enjoy!