Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
Do you want BBQ beans and not enough time to bake them ? Then please try this recipe and see what you think. Feel free to add as much onion and green pepper as you like. Submitted to " ZAAR " on February 6th, 2010.
- 6 slices bacon
- 1⁄3 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1⁄8 cup chopped green pepper (optional)
- 1 (15 3/4 ounce) can pork and beans, drained
- 1⁄3 cup barbecue sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's Hickory and Brown Sugar )
Directions See How It's Made
- In an 8 inch skillet, cook bacon until slightly crisp, drain bacon on paper towels.
- Remove all but 2 tablepoons of bacon "drippings" and add onion and peppers ( if using ), cook until onion/pepper mixture is softened.
- While veggies are cooking, crumble bacon.
- After onion/pepper mixture is done, add beans and bacon.
- Add BBQ sauce, and mix well until all ingredients are combined.
- Stir occasionally until mixture is heated through.