Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my version of an easy, healthy, one pot meal. It works great with a head of chopped cabbage also. I serve it with cottage cheese.
- 453.59 g lean ground beef or 453.59 g ground turkey
- 907.18 g medium zucchini, approx. 9, cut in 1/4-inch half circles
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 737.08 g jar spaghetti sauce, your choice
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml dried sweet basil leaves
- 2.46 ml ground black pepper
- Brown ground beef with onion and bell pepper in a large skillet or pot with lid. Drain grease.
- Add garlic and seasonings. Stir.
- Add zucchini and stir. Cover with lid and cook over medium heat for approximately 15 minutes until the zucchini is crisp tender (I don't add any water, the zucchini has enough). Stir about every 5 minutes.
- Remove lid and stir in spaghetti sauce. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Great served with cottage cheese or topped with parmesan!
I liked the combination. Quick and easy. I just cut the zucchini in smaller pieces, and used salsa instead of pasta sauce. I will surely make it again.
Great way to use up one 2lb zucchini. I added some jalapenos and Worcestershire sauce -it tasted good with Parmesan cheese over pasta plus it was easy to make!
I chopped up two small zucchini, a tiny patty pan squash I had lying around, onion, 4 cloves of garlic and a bunch of sweet peppers. roughly a pound of ground beef. It was lean enough that I didn't drain. Lots of basil, salt, and pepper. Put it over penne noodles. I would use less noodles next time, maybe add a few macaroni noodles. Topped with a little Parmesan (not too much or it overwhelms the flavor). Yum!!! This is absolutely getting saved and being made again and again.