1/5 Photos of Stove-Top Zucchini and Ground Beef Skillet
This is my version of an easy, healthy, one pot meal. It works great with a head of chopped cabbage also. I serve it with cottage cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 lbs medium zucchini, approx. 9, cut in 1/4-inch half circles
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce, your choice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried sweet basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1Brown ground beef with onion and bell pepper in a large skillet or pot with lid. Drain grease.
- 2Add garlic and seasonings. Stir.
- 3Add zucchini and stir. Cover with lid and cook over medium heat for approximately 15 minutes until the zucchini is crisp tender (I don't add any water, the zucchini has enough). Stir about every 5 minutes.
- 4Remove lid and stir in spaghetti sauce. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- 5Great served with cottage cheese or topped with parmesan!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stove-Top Zucchini and Ground Beef Skillet
Serving Size: 1 (340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.6
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 50.4 mg
- Sodium 337.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 18.7 g