Recipe by Engrossed
This is my version of an easy, healthy, one pot meal. It works great with a head of chopped cabbage also. I serve it with cottage cheese.
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 lbs medium zucchini, approx. 9, cut in 1/4-inch half circles
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce, your choice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried sweet basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef with onion and bell pepper in a large skillet or pot with lid. Drain grease.
- Add garlic and seasonings. Stir.
- Add zucchini and stir. Cover with lid and cook over medium heat for approximately 15 minutes until the zucchini is crisp tender (I don't add any water, the zucchini has enough). Stir about every 5 minutes.
- Remove lid and stir in spaghetti sauce. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Great served with cottage cheese or topped with parmesan!