Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great recipe for when you want a healthy delicious meal fast!
- 1 lb ziti pasta
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen broccoli florets or 1 (16 ounce) bag fresh broccoli florets
- 1 (26 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1 cup skim milk ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, diced
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Add pasta to boiling lightly salted water and cook as package directs.
- Add broccoli to pasta 4 minutes before pasta is done.
- Meanwhile, mix marinara sauce and 1/2 cup ricotta together and microwave or heat over stove until hot.
- Drain pasta and broccoli; return to pot; mix in sauce, parsley and mozzarella cubes.
- Stir until mozzarella melts; top with parmesan and dollops of remaining ricotta and serve.
Delicious! I used fresh broccoli flowerets. The freshly chopped parsley really gives this a fresh flavor; DO NOT skip it or substitute it! Thanx for a great new meatless pasta recipe. It's a real keeper!
Karamia, this was delicious! Made this for a quick supper - and we loved it! Made as is but used dried parsley... as I ran out of fresh parsley. Thanks Karamia!
I absolutely LOVE this dish! It's quick and easy and everyone loves it! : )