This is a quick and easy one-dish meal.
Make and share this Stove Top Tamale Pie recipe from Food.com.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef over medium-high heat; drain.
- Stir in tomato sauce, beans, water and taco seasoning mix. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Prepare corn muffin mix according to package directions. Drop small spoonfuls of muffin batter over meat mixture in a skillet.
- Cover and cook over medium-low heat 15-17 minutes or until corn bread is done.
- Top with cheese and green onion. Cover and cook over low heat until cheese melts.