Recipe by Fluffy
This is a quick and easy one-dish meal.
Top Review by JKBerney
This was WONDERFUL!!! & was super easy too!
This is such an versitile recipe & is easily adaptable to whatever ingredients you have on hand. I added diced green chilies & chopped onion to the ground beef as it browned. I substituted a can of Hot Chili beans in place of thre kidney beans & used a pkgt of chili seasoning instead of taco seasoning as I wanted to use it up.
Could also add some whole kernal corn. Topped the cooked cornbread with a half can of sliced black olives then the shredded cheese (use whatever you like....Mexican blend, sharp, etc.)
Oh, I omitted the green onions...OK, I forgot them :-}but my DH LOVED it & this's what counts!!!! He said to put a star by this recipe! How about I just put 5 STARS instead?!!!
This is going to be a regular at our house now & a very pleasant addition to our menus after 41 yrs of marriage. Thanks Fluffy!!!!!
Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/stove-top-tamale-pie-78897#ixzz1WcY7O2fl
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (8 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef over medium-high heat; drain.
- Stir in tomato sauce, beans, water and taco seasoning mix. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Prepare corn muffin mix according to package directions. Drop small spoonfuls of muffin batter over meat mixture in a skillet.
- Cover and cook over medium-low heat 15-17 minutes or until corn bread is done.
- Top with cheese and green onion. Cover and cook over low heat until cheese melts.