Recipe by Ruth Sayers
This dressing tastes every bit as good as the famous box mix, but without all the sodium. Also, using my bread machine and salt substitute, my husband can have his dressing anytime he likes. I do not recall but believe this recipe was published in the newspaper many years ago.Prep time excludes bread baking time.
Top Review by bapat
Turned out great but gave it 4 because I didn't follow the recipe exactly. I added a few tbsp of minute rice, more stock and fresh parsley just before I baked it for 20 min on 350. Would definitely try again.
- 4 tablespoons instant minced onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 30 slices homemade bread (made with salt substitute)
TO PREPARE STUFFING
- 1 cup water
- 1 -2 teaspoon wyler's low-sodium instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 -4 tablespoon margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Put bread into 13x9 baking pan and toast at 300 degrees for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Toss with seasonings.
- At this point, it may be bagged in a Ziploc until needed.
- To prepare Stuffing: Use 4 cups bread/seasoning mix. Boil water, bouillon, and margarine.
- Add seasoned bread and stir until moist.