Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This dressing tastes every bit as good as the famous box mix, but without all the sodium. Also, using my bread machine and salt substitute, my husband can have his dressing anytime he likes. I do not recall but believe this recipe was published in the newspaper many years ago.Prep time excludes bread baking time.
- 4 tablespoons instant minced onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 30 slices homemade bread (made with salt substitute)
TO PREPARE STUFFING
- 1 cup water
- 1 -2 teaspoon wyler's low-sodium instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 -4 tablespoon margarine
- Put bread into 13x9 baking pan and toast at 300 degrees for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Toss with seasonings.
- At this point, it may be bagged in a Ziploc until needed.
- To prepare Stuffing: Use 4 cups bread/seasoning mix. Boil water, bouillon, and margarine.
- Add seasoned bread and stir until moist.
Turned out great but gave it 4 because I didn't follow the recipe exactly. I added a few tbsp of minute rice, more stock and fresh parsley just before I baked it for 20 min on 350. Would definitely try again.
I am giving it three stars only mainly because I had to add two extra cups of broth and tripled the poultry seasoning, plus added a teaspoon of sage. A great idea but it needs adjusting. Thanks for posting! Made for L RECCOMEND 2012
Made with some regular sandwich bread that was getting stale so I left it on the counter with the end of the bag opened for the afternoon so it would dry out a little. This is really good and tastes similar to stove top; but a lot less salty. Will make again. Made for I Recommend Holiday Tag.