This dressing tastes every bit as good as the famous box mix, but without all the sodium. Also, using my bread machine and salt substitute, my husband can have his dressing anytime he likes. I do not recall but believe this recipe was published in the newspaper many years ago.Prep time excludes bread baking time.
- 4 tablespoons instant minced onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 30 slices homemade bread (made with salt substitute)
TO PREPARE STUFFING
- 1 cup water
- 1 -2 teaspoon wyler's low-sodium instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 -4 tablespoon margarine
- Put bread into 13x9 baking pan and toast at 300 degrees for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Toss with seasonings.
- At this point, it may be bagged in a Ziploc until needed.
- To prepare Stuffing: Use 4 cups bread/seasoning mix. Boil water, bouillon, and margarine.
- Add seasoned bread and stir until moist.