1/2 Photos of Stove Top Stuffing Mix
Ruth Sayers's Note:
This dressing tastes every bit as good as the famous box mix, but without all the sodium. Also, using my bread machine and salt substitute, my husband can have his dressing anytime he likes. I do not recall but believe this recipe was published in the newspaper many years ago.Prep time excludes bread baking time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons instant minced onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 30 slices homemade bread (made with salt substitute)
TO PREPARE STUFFING
- 1Put bread into 13x9 baking pan and toast at 300 degrees for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2Remove from oven and cool.
- 3Toss with seasonings.
- 4At this point, it may be bagged in a Ziploc until needed.
- 5To prepare Stuffing: Use 4 cups bread/seasoning mix. Boil water, bouillon, and margarine.
- 6Add seasoned bread and stir until moist.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stove Top Stuffing Mix
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 550.0
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1000.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 15.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-sodium instant chicken bouillon granules