Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A clone of the original favorite.
Make and share this Stove Top Stuffing Mix recipe from Food.com.
- 6 cups bread, cubed
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 3 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 1⁄4 cup dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 cup celery, minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake bread for 8 to 10 minutes or until dry.
- In a large bowl, toss bread with remaining ingredients until evenly coated. Store in an airtight container.
- It will keep for 1 to 4 months or 12 months frozen.
- To prepare, combine 2 cups stuffing mix with 1/2 cup water and 2 tablespoons melted butter.
I don't know how but this simple recipe got a better reception than all the stuffings I've made at previous Thanksgivings. I fried some mushrooms in margarine, added the water and bouillon cubes, boiled and cooled it before adding the mix. Very easy; I will definitely use this recipe next year.
This is a very tasty stuffing mix. Will use again. Thanks for posting.
This woundn't store if the chopped celery were added so I added celry salt instead and omitted the 1/2 tsp of salt. It stored well. I added it to my dried bread cubes by spritzing them with a little oil so it would adhere well, since I actually needed a package of dried stuffing mix for a recipe.