Recipe by PiceSeasGirl
I got this recipe right off the back of the box of Stove Top Stuffing. So easy to make and so tasty. When I make this I like to add a little extra BBQ sauce to the meat mixture. I have also made it using Ground Beef as well. My Husband likes to make the leftovers into sandwiches the next day.
Top Review by Ransomed by Fire
I made this for supper last night as meatballs, but I think I used too much stuffing. And I think some of the other reviewers may have made the same mistake. (Because of this, I am not going to rate this recipe until I get it done right.) Here in the US, Stove Top stuffing is sold in 6 oz. (170 g.) boxes. And I made the mistake of assuming that the box I had must have been the right size since they usually only come in one size here. So, I didn't even stop to think of only using about 2/3 of the box. Oops! Anyways, they turned out alright for me but ended up tasting more like stuffing balls than meatballs. They also took 30 minutes to cook (which, once again, could have been due to my mistake). Overall though, this turned out to be a really good recipe and has inspired me to try it using different meats, stuffings, and sauces in the future. And because of my mistake, I now have two recipes - one for meatloaf or meatballs and one for stuffing balls - instead of just one. Thanks!
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 1 (120 g) packagestove top pork stuffing mix
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour hot water into a small bowl; stir in seasoning. Let stand 5 minutes to soften.
- Mix ground pork, stuffing crumbs and seasoning together in a large bowl.
- Press the mixture into lightly greased 8X4 inch (1L) loaf pan. Spread top with Barbecue sauce.
- Bake at 350 °F (180 °C) for 30 – 40 minutes or until done. Lift meatloaf onto serving plate; slice and serve.
- Note: You can also make this recipe into meatballs. Shape meat into 25-30 one inch meatballs. Bake at 350 °F for about 15 minutes.