Laurel G's Note:
This recipe was born one night when all I had was Stove Top Stuffing to go with browned ground beef. If you like Stove Top Stuffing and need new ground beef recipes, you will love this one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown ground beef and onion in a skillet.
- 2Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 3In a medium bowl, mix 3 1/3 cups water and stuffing together until moist.
- 4In the skillet, combine corn, mushroom soup, and milk with meat until creamy. Salt and pepper to taste. Mixture should not be soupy or your stuffing will sink.
- 5Lightly grease pan with cooking spray. Pour meat mixture evenly into the bottom of a 10x14 baking dish.
- 6If stuffing is too dry or thick to spread, add just a little extra water. Spread stuffing on top of the meat mixture.
- 7Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until meat & soup mixture is bubbly and stuffing is browning on the top.
- 8Serve alone or with veggies.
- 9Variation: Use 3 packets of dry brown gravy mixed according to package directions instead of mushroom soup and milk for the gravy. Sometimes, I also use an extra box of stuffing to put on the bottom of the dish as a bottom crust.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stove Top Stuffing Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (445 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 775.3
- Calories from Fat 321
- Total Fat 35.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 113.7 mg
- Sodium 1666.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 40.7 g