Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was born one night when all I had was Stove Top Stuffing to go with browned ground beef. If you like Stove Top Stuffing and need new ground beef recipes, you will love this one.
- 2 (6 ounce) boxesstove top cornbread stuffing mix
- 3 1⁄3 cups water
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb frozen corn
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (26 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces evaporated milk
- salt and pepper
- Brown ground beef and onion in a skillet.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix 3 1/3 cups water and stuffing together until moist.
- In the skillet, combine corn, mushroom soup, and milk with meat until creamy. Salt and pepper to taste. Mixture should not be soupy or your stuffing will sink.
- Lightly grease pan with cooking spray. Pour meat mixture evenly into the bottom of a 10x14 baking dish.
- If stuffing is too dry or thick to spread, add just a little extra water. Spread stuffing on top of the meat mixture.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until meat & soup mixture is bubbly and stuffing is browning on the top.
- Serve alone or with veggies.
- Variation: Use 3 packets of dry brown gravy mixed according to package directions instead of mushroom soup and milk for the gravy. Sometimes, I also use an extra box of stuffing to put on the bottom of the dish as a bottom crust.
This was a very good and tasty dish,it was simple and easy to make too.I did use your hint about putting an extra box of stuffing mix on the bottom of the casserole,and feel it probably was better than if it had just been made as the recipe called for.At any rate it was quite delishous and made a very good casserole. Thanks,Darlene
I halved the recipe and used canned corn. Not a bad recipe, may or may not make again.
This was very easy to make. I think the next time I make this I will some more spices to the ground beef mix as there just seemed to have been something missing. I was good, but a just a bit bland.