Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I made these for my family's Christmas party. My family really liked these. We thought they tasted so good. I think they are best when served warm from the oven. When I made this recipe I tried to half the recipe which didn't work out so well. I cut the recipe in half but ended up adding the entire packet of stuffing. I also used canned mushrooms instead of fresh. I got this recipe from Kraft.
- 6 ounces Stove Top stuffing mix monterey style with mushroom and onion
- 1 2⁄3 cups hot water
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 20 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed well drained and patted dry
- 1 cup kraft 100% grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400. Mix stuffing mix, hot water and butter in large bowl until well blended.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix lightly. Shape into 60 balls, each about 1-inch in diameter. Place in single layer in 15x10x1-inch baking pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
Are you sure your measurements for water are correct? I added 1 2/3 cups water like your recipe says and they were too mushy to even roll into balls. Then I found the recipe on Kraft and it says only one cup water.
Outstanding! What a great recipe! I didn't have any mushrooms, so I had to omit them and I used savory heb stuffing because its what i had in the pantry. Loved, loved, loved it!! Next time I think I will put in some minced garlic and definitely not omit the mushrooms. Thanks so much for sharing!