Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Another QETH Recipe (Quick, Easy, Tasty & Healthy). Found this recipe on Cameron Smoker's website.
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled
- 1⁄3 cup canned fat-free chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared honey mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon anchovy paste (optional)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small head romaine lettuce
- 1 salmon fillet, with skin (bones removed)
- 1 tablespoon prepared honey mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 8 slices Italian bread (6 ounces)
- 2 ounces parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons alder smoker wood chips
- For dressing, mince garlic, add remaining ingredients; mix until well combined. (Dressing may be refrigerated for up to three days).
- For salad, separate lettuce into leaves, wash and dry. (Lettuce leaves may be wrapped in towel and refrigerated up to 2 hours before serving).
- Using 2 tablespoons of Alder wood chips set up smoker on stove top.
- Place salmon skin side down on rack of smoker (Line the tray for easy clean up).Combine honey mustard and lemon juice; brush over salmon.
- Smoke for about 20 to 24 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool in smoker.
- Cut bread into cubes.
- Spray sauté pan with cooking spray, and heat.
- Place bread in pan and lightly spray with the cooking spray.
- Sauté until brown.
- Set aside to cool.
- Place 2 outer lettuce leaves on each of four chilled dinner plates.
- Transfer remaining lettuce leaves to a large bowl, breaking any large leaves into pieces.
- Put bread cubes into lettuce, and toss.
- Add dressing and toss again.
- Arrange on lettuce-lined plates.
- Cut or break salmon into chunks, discard skin.
- Arrange salmon over lettuce mixture and sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese over the salads.
- Sprinkle generously with pepper and a touch of paprika.