Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe by Mary James Lawrence at Cook's Corner in Greensboro, NC-there is probably nobody who has taught more people to use the Cameron Stovetop Smoker. From the Cameron Cooking Guide, recipe to be made using a stove top smoker. Serve over Grilled Chicken
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon hickory chips
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground szechwan pepper
- 1 lime, zest of
- 1 lime, juice of
- Halve and remove seeds from the peppers.
- Place cut side down in the smoker and smoke for 15 minutes over medium.
- heat using hickory wood chips.
- Remove from the smoker and dice 1/2 of each pepper, saving the remainder for garnish, or use in a southwestern salad.
- In a blender, mix melted butter, Szechwan peppercorns, lime juice and zest. Then stir in 1/3 cup of the diced peppers and serve over grilled chicken. Fantastic!