Recipe by Galley Wench
QETH -- Quick, Easy, Tasty and Healthy! Another Cameron Smoker recipe (slightly modified)! Prep time required includes marinading time.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill weed or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 6 halibut steaks (about 3 pounds)
- lemon wedge
- 2 tablespoons alder smoking wood chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine combining first 8 ingredients in bowl or zip lock bag.
- Arrange fish steaks in single layer in marinade.
- Marinade for 1 hour.
- To bottom of smoker add 2 tablespoons alder smoking chips.
- Remove fish from marinade and place on foil lined smoker.
- Place on stove-top or grill over medium low heat for approximately 25 minutes.
- Serve immediately garnishing with parsley and lemon wedges.