Recipe by TxGriffLover
From the cookbook "Smokin". Serve the smoked salmon with just about anything from tender green vegetables seasoned with butter and toasted almond to a nice green salad. Use alder, cherry or maple wood chips.
- 4 salmon steaks, about 1 1/4-inches thick (about 10 oz each this should fill up your stove top smoker rack at one time)
- 1 1⁄2-2 tablespoons wood chips
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the smoker with wood chips.
- Place steaks on rack, and season with salt & pepper.
- Smoke until the thickest part of the salmon is warm and slightly opaque (for a medium fillet), 14 to 18 minutes after closing the smoker lid, a few minutes longer for a fully cooked fillet/steak.
- Use the smoked salmon in related recipes: Smoked Salmon Gone to Heaven or Fettuccine with Smoked Salmon, Peas and Leeks.