Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I developed this recipe to use with my Cameron Stove-Top Smoker. It's QET -- Quick, Easy, Tasty and HEALTHY! You can use just about any combination of vegetables. To vary the flavor try different types of wood chips, i.e. hickory, cherry, etc. This is the type of smoker I have and I love it! http://www.cameronscookware.com/Camerons%20Lil%20Smokey.aspx
- 4 thick center-cut pork chops (trimmed)
- 4 medium peeled and quartered potatoes
- 4 peeled carrots, quartered
- 1 medium onion, cut in wedges
- 1 elephant garlic clove (optional)
- 1⁄4 lemons or 1⁄4 lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cajun spices
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons mesquite smoker wood chips
- Combine marinade ingredients in a Ziploc bag.
- Add pork chops and marinade in refrigerator for at least one hour.
- To bottom of smoker add 3 tablespoons mesquite wood chips.
- Line tray of smoker with aluminum foil (makes cleanup a breeze).
- Arrange potatoes, onions, carrots and pork chops in tray.
- Brush everything with marinade or spray with Pam.
- Close lid and place on grill or stove-top.
- Smoke over medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Check for doneness before serving.