Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
This quick onion dip gets its light, clean flavor and a hint of sweetness from smoked Vidalia onions. Dip into this with potato chips or warm blue corn chips, or use as a baked potato topper or accompaniment to meat loaf. From the cookbook, "Smokin"
- 1 medium vidalia onion, smoked
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- kosher salt
- Smoke the onion (see related recipe) and cool to room temperature.
- Chop the onion finely, or use a food processor.
- Stir in the sour cream, mayonnaise, Worcestershire, pepper, and chopped onions together in a small bowl until blended.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Chill the dip at least 8 hours or up to two days.
- Bring the dip to room temperature 1 hour before serving.