Recipe by TxGriffLover
Everyone is asking for new Beef Brisket Recipes – Here is a delicious one Recipe form Quincy Scott, Olive Branch, MI This recipe is to be made using a stove top smoker. I got this recipe from Cameron Cookware when I registered my stove top smoker.
Top Review by gmolony
I just bought Emril's cast iron stove top smoker and this was the first recipe in my new smoker. The brisket was perfectly cooked and so tender that you could cut it with a fork. Great flavor!
- 4 lbs beef brisket, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon mesquite wood chips
- 1 tablespoon apple wood chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients and rub onto brisket. Place on a large sheet of plastic wrap, and wrap tightly. Place on a baking sheet and chill for 6 -8 hours.
- Remove meat from refrigerator and bring to room temperature.
- Prepare the smoker with the mesquite and apple wood chips. Line drip tray with foil, and place the meat on the rack.
- Preheat the stovetop. Place smoker on stove top and smoke for 1 ½ hours at a medium to low heat setting.
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Remove meat from smoker and place in a covered roasting pan or wrap in heavy foil.
- Bake for 3 hours. Remove meat from the oven and carve against the grain.
- Serve with BBQ Sauce on the side for dipping.
- Barbecue Sauce:.
- ½ Tbsp vegetable oil.
- ½ cup chopped yellow onion.
- 1 tsp chopped garlic.
- 1 cup ketchup.
- 2 Tbsp dark brown sugar.
- 1 ½ tsp molasses.
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar.
- 1 Tbsp each lemon juice, orange juice, dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce, hot red sauce.
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over a medium high heat, add onions, cook till soft, stirring – 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to boil – lower the heat to simmer and cook – stirring occasionally until sauce thickens – 15 – 20 minutes. Cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!