Stove Top Smoker Mushroom and Chicken Liver Pate
- Using 2 tablespoons of maple wood chips, smoke the chicken livers and mushrooms over medium heat for 25 minutes.
- You will need to form a foil tray for the livers to sit in and then place the mushrooms on the top. Reserve the liquid that gathers.
- When the mushrooms and livers are done smoking, melt the butter in a large skillet and saute the onion and shallots until soft.
- Add the mushrooms and livers to the skillet, then carefully add all liquid from the drip pan and the foil tray.
- Add remaining ingredients except salt, pepper and brandy and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf, and pour mixture into blender. Add brandy. Blend 2 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste, then pour into a 2-cup souffle dish. Chill overnight.
- Garnish and serve with thin sliced baguettes.