Recipe by TxGriffLover
For use with a Cameron Stove Top Smoker. These mushrooms are fantastic in a tomato-arugula salad, or to add zest to an Italian sandwich.
- 4 portabella mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons hickory chips
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup barley malt syrup
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons tarragon
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In the Cameron, smoke 4 portobellos, using 3 tablespoons of hickory over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and keep the lid closed for 20 minutes.
- While mushrooms are smoking, prepare marinade: Combine water,cider vinegar, barley malt syrup, extra virgin olive oil,crushed garlic,oregano, tarragon, rosemary, & salt--mix well.
- Put the smoked mushrooms in the marinade, cover and refrigerate for three days.