Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This recipe is to be made using a stove top smoker. From the Cameron Cooking Guide Fit for a holiday feast!
- 1 goose
- salt & pepper
- 1 apple, coarsely chopped
- 1 orange, coarsely chopped
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoons maple wood chips
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cracked pepper
- Clean and rinse goose, pat dry.
- Rub inside and out with salt and pepper, and stuff loosely with the chopped apple, orange and onion.
- Place into smoker and form an aluminum foil tent over the goose.
- Using maple wood chips, cook over medium heat for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove foil and carefully prick the skin to allow the fats to run, without piercing the meat.
- Brush with maple syrup and place into a preheated 375º oven and bake, brushing twice more, and sprinkling with the cracked pepper.
- For a 7-9 pound bird, your oven cooking time will be approximately 2 hours (internal temperature of 190º F.